We’re a team of teachers and educational-technologists, led by Julie Kilcoyne and David Blake, working to bring the experience we have working in schools to students and parents at home.Across the team, our experience includes:
- Hands-on experience of teaching in multiple subjects and across the 11-18 age group
- School leadership
- GCSE Examining for the leading examination boards
- Founding and for 17 years leading Boardworks Ltd, the market leading secondary school digital content company
- Founding and leading Doddle, the leading UK homework and formative assessment platform
- Many other skills and experiences ranging from the relevant to enthusiastic guitar playing and cake-making!
We know that good schools prepare their students well for their exams and that there is enormous expertise in schools about how to do that. However, we also know that GCSE outcomes are heavily driven by the work - revision - that students do at home. And we know that generally this work is far less effective than it could be.
The Upgrade team is dedicated to helping students maximise the effectiveness of their work at home both to achieve the best exam grades they can and, more broadly, to maximise their learning throughout their education.
Come and see us!
If you would like to discuss using our products with your son/daughter, or you would like to be considered for a position on the team, don't hesitate to get in touch and organise a time to come and speak to us.
We're always looking for ways to collaborate, and the door's always open!